That I love The Crowded House, not the Australian band, but the bunch of people in Sheffield spawning many conversations all over the shop about church and how we do it and what it’s really all about. Pretty much everything I read by the guys who do stuff there makes me go, YES, that’s obviously what we should be doing, why isn’t everyone doing that? These are people who really are trying things differently, and not just talking about it. These are ideas that make me glad to be part of the family of God. These are ideas and reality that make me think that it is possible to be real community focused, Bible loving people who actually live out the reality of what God says about loving each other, considering others better than ourselves, living lives that reflect that and rejecting the way of thinking that says my needs matter more than anyone else and that I am my own God. Advert over. But read Tim Chester’s blog.
- acedia Advent Anna autumn baby banter beach beach hut beautiful beauty beer Bible binface birthday blog books brighton broken camp children Christmas church contentment Dad darkness despair drumming Easter Emmanuel family films food friends friendship fun God grace holiday home hope hove husbandface identity Jesus joy life Light love maker Mark moving Mum Music parenting peace pride Questions rain rant reality Sarah sonface spiritual direction summer sun sunshine tea thankful tunnel waiting walk weakness wine work writing
- Evening snapshot thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/08/22/eve… https://t.co/1I0irCIeVQ 1 day ago
- Another one of those weekly round ups thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/07/21/ano… https://t.co/lORSi7tJ6D 1 month ago
- @botherer Hmmm. Although- 'Amazing' might be taking it too far. More bearable than most :) 1 month ago
- @botherer What?? It's amazing. He's so kind and helpful. And it's better than mike the flipping knight ;) 1 month ago
- If anyone is missing Jason Donovan I can recommend Boj as a way of hearing his dulcet tones again :) he is Boj's singing dad :) love it. 1 month ago