It’s funny how the first sight of blue sky in a week can lift even the most dreary parts of this city. In moving from being on top of a hill into the valley we’ve lost our big picture landscape of the city, we no long look down on it from afar but we now live in it. Amongst the dirty streets and squawking seagulls we have made our dwelling. Two weeks of relentless rain do not make this city attractive, fog has added some atmosphere but down here in the valley there is feeling of being surrounded by unchanging grey. We can no longer see The Downs in the distance, but this being Brighton we do have views, another reason I love this place. We can look across to the coloured houses of Muesli mountain and see the sun glinting off the windows creating shimmering beauty outside our flat. On the top of the hill, nestled inbetween rows of houses sits a winter tree, stark against the skyline, lit up and highlighted by it’s uniqueness. I love gazing on this tree, so out of place amidst the houses, giving a break in the skyline and allowing the sun to peak over the horizon at the city. It’s Sunday morning and there is hope in the air.
- acedia Advent Anna autumn baby banter beach beach hut beautiful beauty beer Bible binface birthday blog books brighton broken camp children Christmas church contentment Dad darkness drumming Easter Emmanuel family films food friends friendship fun God grace holiday home hope hove husbandface identity Jesus job joy life Light love maker Mark moving Mum Music parenting peace pride Questions rain rant reality Sarah sonface spiritual direction summer sun sunshine tea thankful tunnel waiting walk weakness wine work writing
- Loving it :) twitter.com/motorhomingfam… 1 day ago
- @botherer Wow. Planning on a visit this summer and hopefully to see you guys too! 1 day ago
- Such an interesting film. @AdeleJK and @lazbash you seen it? Feels like one we could talk abt for hrs. twitter.com/motorhomingfam… 2 days ago
- Fairly desperate for this to begin. Here's why we are going :) only 8 weeks to go! …otorhomingfamily.doingandlearning.com/why-are-we-goi… 2 days ago
- Not sure it helps if my muttered I forgive yous sound as meaningful as my son's apologies.. 2 days ago