As some of my more committed readers will know this is the time of year I get a bit obsessed with Advent. I’m a sucker for the whole pondering the wonder of the Author of creation coming to earth as a small tiny baby. Having spent all day on Saturday holding one of these tiny babies I’m even more stunned by the whole thing. Anyway. This Saturday I shall be helping some ladies of Wimbledon ponder Advent, the coming of Jesus and all that was enabled through him. There are a few traditional Advent hymns, O Come O Come Emmanuel is normally the more dirgey of the lot but here it gets a beautiful reworking by Surfjan Stevens. Sit back and enjoy some Advent bliss.
- acedia Advent Anna autumn baby banter beach beach hut beautiful beauty beer Bible binface birthday blog books brighton broken camp children Christmas church contentment Dad darkness despair drumming Easter Emmanuel family films food friends friendship fun God grace holiday home hope hove husbandface identity Jesus joy life Light love maker Mark moving Mum Music parenting peace pride Questions rain rant reality Sarah sonface spiritual direction summer sun sunshine tea thankful tunnel waiting walk weakness wine work writing
- Evening snapshot thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/08/22/eve… https://t.co/1I0irCIeVQ 1 day ago
- Another one of those weekly round ups thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/07/21/ano… https://t.co/lORSi7tJ6D 1 month ago
- @botherer Hmmm. Although- 'Amazing' might be taking it too far. More bearable than most :) 1 month ago
- @botherer What?? It's amazing. He's so kind and helpful. And it's better than mike the flipping knight ;) 1 month ago
- If anyone is missing Jason Donovan I can recommend Boj as a way of hearing his dulcet tones again :) he is Boj's singing dad :) love it. 1 month ago