This is my family. Examples of how faces can say so much to people who know them. These faces are part of my life, and part of what makes me me. I love this photo as it captures so much unsaid stuff that goes on in my family. At the back there is Mark, grinning smile masking the slightly uncertain wary look in his eyes, the questioning ‘what is she doing now?’. Then Mum and Dad, Mum on the verge of telling me not to be so silly, and Dad bemused as ever by the randomness of his daughter. I love the fact that a simple action, like me taking a photo of them, sparks off this reaction in their eyes and faces. All because I have told them to do something strange like, “Smile for the camera”.
- acedia Advent Anna autumn baby banter beach beach hut beautiful beauty beer Bible binface birthday blog books brighton broken camp children Christmas church contentment Dad darkness despair drumming Easter Emmanuel family films food friends friendship fun God grace holiday home hope hove husbandface identity Jesus joy life Light love maker Mark moving Mum Music parenting peace pride Questions rain rant reality Sarah sonface spiritual direction summer sun sunshine tea thankful tunnel waiting walk weakness wine work writing
- One of those weeks… in which the black dog makes an unwelcome appearance. thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/09/15/one… https://t.co/7Bmcc8fYF0 1 week ago
- What I’ve read, the July and August Edition. thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/09/05/wha… https://t.co/F6l83a8Zib 2 weeks ago
- Weekly roundup returns thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/09/01/wee… https://t.co/nrEpw7sqvw 3 weeks ago
- Evening snapshot thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/08/22/eve… https://t.co/1I0irCIeVQ 1 month ago
- Another one of those weekly round ups thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/07/21/ano… https://t.co/lORSi7tJ6D 2 months ago