Here’s the list with my must reads (there are gems amongst the others but these are the solid diamonds) of the year in bold…
1. Milkman – Anna Burns
2. The Sermon on the Mount and Human Flourishing – J.T.Pennington
3. 84K- Claire North
4. How to be Famous – Catlin Moran
5. Rewild Yourself – Simon Barnes
6. Mystics and Misfits- Christiana Peterson
7. An Absolutely Remarkable Thing – Hank Green.
8. The Greatest Love Story Ever Told- Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally
9. Hello World- Hannah Fry.
10. Dogs of War – Adrian Tchaikovsky
11. Very Married – Katherine Willis Pershey
12. Michelle Obama- Becoming.
13. Let Me Lie- Claire Mackintosh
14. Shadow Doctor- Adrian Plass.
15. The Sin of Certainty- Peter Enns
16. The Bible Tells Me So- Peter Enns.
17. Uncommon Type- Tom Hanks
18. Shameless- Nadia Bolz-Weber
19. The Immortalists- Chloe Benjamin
20. Becoming Friends of Time – John Swinton.
21. Phoebe – Paula Gooder
22. Searching for Sunday- Rachel Held Evans.
23. Middle England – Jonathan Coe
24. The Outrun- Amy Liptrot
25. Being Christian- Rowan Williams
26. The Salt Path- Raynor Winn
27. The Core of the Sun- Johanna Sinisalo
28. The Clockmakers Daughter- Kate Morton
29. Trials of Morrigan Crow- Jessica Townsend
30. Spiritual Direction- Sue Pickering.
31. End of the World Running Club- Adrian J Walker
32. The Day the World Came to Town- Jim Defied
33. Where the Crawdad’s Sing- Delia Owens
34. Normal People- Sally Rooney
35. Ordinary People- Diana Evans
36. The Great Alone- Kristin Hannah
37. The book you wish your parents had read and your children will be glad you did- Philippa Perry
38. Inspired- Rachel Held Evans
39. Beast Quest- Adam Blade (can’t remember the title but it was something along the lines of Magma the bone cruncher)
40. Cressida Cowell- Knock Three TImes (Wizards of Once series)
41. Walking Away -Simon Armitage
42. When I lost you – Merylin Davies
43. The Confession- Jessie Burton
44. The Power of Belonging – Will Van der Hart and Rob Waller
45. Walking back to Happiness- Penelope Swithinbank
46. Orkney- Amy Sackville
47. East of Croydon – Sue Perkins
48. Unsheltered- Barbara Kingsolver
49. Handmaids Tale- Margaret Atwood
50. Escaping the Maze of Spiritual Abuse- Lisa Oakley and Justin Humphreys
51. The Examined Life- Stephen Grosz
52. Today will be different- Maria Semple
53. Period- Emma Barnett
54. A Sky Painted Gold- Laura Wood
55. Akin- Emma Donoghue
56. Padraig O’Tuama – In the Shelter
I’m looking forward to getting stuck into the rest of my Christmas haul in the long bleak month before us… (January is for duvets and books right?)