Today at church (that’s seven of us in our living room) we reflected on the cross, heartbroken we realised again the enormity of what Jesus has done for us. We felt the darkness of that moment. At the end we pondered that it was right to feel the weight of the darkness but also taste some of the hope we have. This video is a little cheesy but makes the point very clearly. It is Friday. But Sunday is coming. We do know the end of the story. We lament today. But we do so knowing that a glimmer of light is flickering on the horizon. It’s Friday. But Sunday is coming..
- acedia Advent Anna autumn baby banter beach beach hut beautiful beauty beer Bible binface birthday blog books brighton broken camp children Christmas church contentment Dad darkness despair drumming Easter Emmanuel family films food friends friendship fun God grace holiday home hope hove husbandface identity Jesus joy life Light love maker Mark moving Mum Music parenting peace pride Questions rain rant reality Sarah sonface spiritual direction summer sun sunshine tea thankful tunnel waiting walk weakness wine work writing
- One of those weeks… in which the black dog makes an unwelcome appearance. thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/09/15/one… https://t.co/7Bmcc8fYF0 1 week ago
- What I’ve read, the July and August Edition. thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/09/05/wha… https://t.co/F6l83a8Zib 2 weeks ago
- Weekly roundup returns thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/09/01/wee… https://t.co/nrEpw7sqvw 3 weeks ago
- Evening snapshot thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/08/22/eve… https://t.co/1I0irCIeVQ 1 month ago
- Another one of those weekly round ups thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/07/21/ano… https://t.co/lORSi7tJ6D 2 months ago