1. Lie in bed encased by a big duvet and smile at the weekend.
2. Go for a big fat bike ride on the downs, get covered in mud.
3. Listen to Jonathan Ross all morning whilst sorting, cleaning and generally sitting.
4. Eat amazing food.
5. Talk to nice friends on the phone who make you laugh.
6. Listen to random acid folk music. (what on earth is acid folk?)
7. Read the paper.
8. Watch an episode of the West Wing and smile.
9. Write some letters.
10. Watch the X factor. Laugh at the bad bad singers.
11. Watch a film with friends, whilst eating Lindt chocolate and drinking red wine. Let the film be one you can recite backwards. (“I want the Truth”, “TRUTH, you can’t handle the TRUTH.” Jack Nicholson at his best.)
12. Crawl back under the duvet safe in the knowledge that tomorrow is another day off.
- spiritual direction
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Ridiculously beautiful world. Soon the sun will rise before I get out of the house but these last weeks of sunrises are proving good for this weary soul. Especially when this line from Karine Polwart’s Four Strong Walls fills me with delight at the nature of my Makers love for me - “I see myself as you see me my friend, oh you put me back together again” #hope #spring #wonder #joy #sunrise #music #balmformywearysoulEven black dog days are made better with sunshine and pretty flowers. Hello spring hope. #blueskies #flowers #hopeSomething is missing... (there was a ramshackle play shed...) now to work out how to fit some trees, wild garden, firepit and seating into this space :) feels like we are moving well beyond early years parenting... #spring #gardenrescue #nextstageofparentingCleared out the garden and found this beauty :) frog or toad? #springcleaning #firstwarmday #springDaily SPRING is almost here post :) here’s the first wild primrose on our front lawn. Such hope of joys to come. #spring #cantgetenoughofit #hope #joy #primrosesJust started this and already in tears after reading of Dorothy Wordsworth and her love for the Lakes. My heart aches for those hills again but I am delighted to have found such good company for this leaning into the space and place I am journey of now. #womenofnature #naturewriting #achingforthelakes #gladofthesouthdowns #reading #writingwild