1. Lie in bed encased by a big duvet and smile at the weekend.
2. Go for a big fat bike ride on the downs, get covered in mud.
3. Listen to Jonathan Ross all morning whilst sorting, cleaning and generally sitting.
4. Eat amazing food.
5. Talk to nice friends on the phone who make you laugh.
6. Listen to random acid folk music. (what on earth is acid folk?)
7. Read the paper.
8. Watch an episode of the West Wing and smile.
9. Write some letters.
10. Watch the X factor. Laugh at the bad bad singers.
11. Watch a film with friends, whilst eating Lindt chocolate and drinking red wine. Let the film be one you can recite backwards. (“I want the Truth”, “TRUTH, you can’t handle the TRUTH.” Jack Nicholson at his best.)
12. Crawl back under the duvet safe in the knowledge that tomorrow is another day off.
- spiritual direction
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Why make a normal Victoria sponge cake when you can make a blue and green one? Thankfully still tastes yummy... #cake #rainysaturday #timeforacuppaDay 1 of being signed off the bit of work I could be signed off from, due to exhaustion. Realising how tired my body is. Saw amazing bluebells. Inhaled their scent. Stumbled home to sit in the sun. Stared at bluetits on our cherry tree. Read a bit of a book. Napped for an hour. Repeated go slow, be gentle, be kind to yourself. Felt grateful for being able to be signed off. #sleep #rest #bestillmysoul #bekindtoyourself #mentalhealth #bluebells #stopping #tiredness48 hours away in Selsey to pay attention to my body, listen to @lostwordsspellsongs from the National History Museum, drink @skylark.coffee, hang out with the One who loves me most, walk in pretty places, have a morning walk in ancient Yew trees with my Dad, read books and realise the weight of exhaustion that covers me right now. Grateful for the husbandface for holding the fort and My Maker for blue seas, green grass and a beautiful word to bumble around in. #timeoff #exhaustion #beauty #soulsoothing #toesjusttouchedthewaterWalking my tired body around the woods. Noticing the green creeping higher and wider each day. This world reminding me that resurrection always comes. That hope will win out. That there are inescapable wonders even through the aching bones and fog in my brain. #inescapablehope #walkingon #green #blueskiesObligatory I’ve had a haircut selfie! Ah the small joys of life in this weird world. #haircut #pandemiclife #grateful #feelinglikemeFound some friends and good times out at Queen Elizabeth Country park today. Beautiful sunshine and amazing assault course for the not so small ones. All exhausted now! #sunnysaturday #friends #blueskies #queenelizabethcountrypark #sleepnow