“I cannot say my creed in words
How should I spell despair, excitement, joy and grief?
Amazement, anger, certainty and unbelief?
What was the grammer of those sleepless nights?
Who the subject, what the object?
Of a friend who will not come, or does not come,
And then creates his own eccentric special dawn,
A blinding light that does not blind?
Why do I find you in the secret places
Where I hide from your eternal light?
I hate you, I love you, I miss you, wish that you would go,
And yet I know that long ago you made a fairy tale for me,
About the day when you would take your sword
And battle through the thicket of the things I have become.
You’ll kiss to life my sleeping beauty waiting
For her prince to come.
Then I will wake and look into your eyes and understand
And for the first time I will not be dumb
And I shall say my creed in words.”
- beach hut
- spiritual direction
- Weekly roundup… thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2018/01/13/wee… https://t.co/KEvEPK93WO 5 days ago
- The first Friday round up from 2018 thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2018/01/05/the… https://t.co/pY0JTa8f0Y 1 week ago
- What I read in 2017: a list. thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2018/01/05/wha… 1 week ago
- Wednesday Morning. From 2017 to 2018. Thoughts on a train. thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2018/01/03/wed… https://t.co/EXfHXRYztL 2 weeks ago
- What I read in November/December thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/12/30/wha… 2 weeks ago