“I cannot say my creed in words
How should I spell despair, excitement, joy and grief?
Amazement, anger, certainty and unbelief?
What was the grammer of those sleepless nights?
Who the subject, what the object?
Of a friend who will not come, or does not come,
And then creates his own eccentric special dawn,
A blinding light that does not blind?
Why do I find you in the secret places
Where I hide from your eternal light?
I hate you, I love you, I miss you, wish that you would go,
And yet I know that long ago you made a fairy tale for me,
About the day when you would take your sword
And battle through the thicket of the things I have become.
You’ll kiss to life my sleeping beauty waiting
For her prince to come.
Then I will wake and look into your eyes and understand
And for the first time I will not be dumb
And I shall say my creed in words.”
- acedia Advent Anna autumn baby banter beach beach hut beautiful beauty beer Bible binface birthday blog books brighton broken camp children Christmas church contentment Dad darkness despair drumming Easter Emmanuel family films food friends friendship fun God grace holiday home hope hove husbandface identity Jesus joy life Light love maker Mark moving Mum Music parenting peace pride Questions rain rant reality Sarah sonface spiritual direction summer sun sunshine tea thankful tunnel waiting walk weakness wine work writing
- Another one of those weekly round ups thelongwalkhome.co.uk/2017/07/21/ano… https://t.co/lORSi7tJ6D 1 week ago
- @botherer Hmmm. Although- 'Amazing' might be taking it too far. More bearable than most :) 2 weeks ago
- @botherer What?? It's amazing. He's so kind and helpful. And it's better than mike the flipping knight ;) 2 weeks ago
- If anyone is missing Jason Donovan I can recommend Boj as a way of hearing his dulcet tones again :) he is Boj's singing dad :) love it. 2 weeks ago
- I'm not all that impressed with tennis right now either :( 2 weeks ago